Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas!

Christmas festivities rounded out our busy December! After we celebrated our anniversary, instead of picking Mac up and going home, we stayed at my parents house to celebrate Christmas. Ron's mom and her boyfriend came over and Christmas week officially began! Mac was somewhat interested in presents, but he probably spent most of his time climbing up and down the stairs with my dad while I opened all of the fabulous things that he received! One present that I think he will really enjoy in the spring and summer is his wagon from Grammy. It even has adult cup holders on the outside! He has already been enjoying his Radio Flyer tricycle from his Papa Joe and Nana.
Checking out the presents at Christmas #1:
This may have been the only present that he actually opened:
Here is where he spent most of his time:
Riding on his new tricycle:
On Wednesday night we loaded up the truck and headed down to Moultrie for Christmas. We enjoyed a relaxing day on Thursday and then drove down to Perry, FL on Friday to spend the afternoon with Ron's stepmom and her family. We really enjoyed getting to spend a afternoon visiting and ate a yummy steak lunch! On Christmas day Mac woke up early so after he finished his breakfast we woke up the rest of the house so we could open presents. Since they don't have any stairs, Mac did show a little more interest in the opening of gifts! He still didn't sit still for too long, but I think he pulled some paper here and there! We spent Christmas afternoon in Quitman, GA with some of Ron's extended family. We hadn't been down there for a holiday in a very long time. After our yummy BBQ lunch Mac and I relaxed and played while Ron and the other men went dove hunting. The rest of the weekend was spent with Mac and I playing while Ron was sick on the sofa and his dad was sick in his bed. I had hoped to be able to use family during the trip to fully recover from my sinus infection, but since I was the least sick of the group my naps were few and far between!
Christmas morning in Moultrie (our family pic wasn't that good and we didn't take very many others!):
All in all we had a great Christmas! It was very nice to come home and get back into our routine. We were so worn out from our crazy December that we have just stayed at home for the past couple of weekends. We still have some gifts to unpack and put away, but I'm sure we will get it all finished soon!
We hope you had a great Christmas also!

No comments: